Monday, July 16, 2007

Week 6, thing 13. D-licious!

Wow. I got an account with http://del.icio.us/ a social bookmarking site. The whole notion of being able to acce4ss your favorites from any computer is revolutionary. Then when you add the concept of sharing them , thats just fantastic!

Here are some I've done so far.

http://del.icio.us/ninjabook

It's interesting. I've seen "tags" around a lot of places, including on live journal, but I never entirely understood them. I think they make a nifty organizational tool. It's kind of similar to a concept I heard about a long time ago. You're reading a text on line and you can click on nearly anything if you want more information about it.

Using tags somebody can bounce around from link to link and get more information that way. My problem is that I might be like a kid in a candy store and just bounce from place to place without fully absorbing one thing but I thing that risk goes along with the Internet in general.

I definitely see the promise in something like this as a research tool certainly. It's a differant kind of organization, that doesn't have to replace older forms but can complement it.

No comments: